Xbox Series X restocking: Best Buy and Amazon offer more consoles
The super selling event on Amazon earlier this week coincided with a major restocking of the Xbox Series X and S on Tuesday which took a while to sell out. Best Buy followed suit on Wednesday with a restocking.
We don’t know which retailer will be next to offer more systems, butand seem to have consoles available as part of . Microsoft created the finance program to allow customers to pay for their new Xbox in monthly interest-free payments.
We know you’re here for help with getting an Xbox Series console, and we’re here to offer some advice and answer your questions.
Why are Xbox Series consoles so hard to find?
Essentially, Microsoft can’t get the materials it needs to make enough Xbox consoles to meet demand. As with theand most PC video cards, right now it’s slowing down the supply. has affected the output of many chipmakers, and industry watchers currently don’t expect the issue to be fully resolved until the end of the year.
As a result, Microsoft manufactures as many consoles as possible and distributes them among its business partners. Each trading partner releases their available consoles however they see fit. Most of the time, that means announcing in advance when you will be able to buy the console online and then publishing it for everyone to buy.
Over the past few weeks, here are the retailers with Xbox Series X stock:
- Best Buy, June 23: Another small restock from the retailer that didn’t last long.
- Amazon, June 22: Amazon had more Xbox Series X and S consoles available on the second day of its Prime Day sales event.
- Best Buy, June 10: It didn’t take long for this little restock to sell out.
- Microsoft, June 8: The Xbox Store saw more inventory which lasted longer than normal.
- Best Buy, June 3: A surprise restock that didn’t last long.
Expect more updates here as restockings occur.
What is the Console Purchase Pilot Program?
Microsoft has allowed people who participate in the Xbox Insiders program to form a virtual queue that ensures that a legitimate Xbox console will be offered to you at the regular price once it becomes available through Microsoft. The only way to participate in this limited program is to be part of the Xbox Insiders program and be invited to register for this console purchase pilot.
How do I become a member of Microsoft’s Xbox Insider program?
Microsoft’s in-house program for giving fans early access to things it tests offers a lot of cool stuff to poke around with, even without that early access program for buying a new Xbox. To sign up on an Xbox, follow these steps:
1. Open the Xbox store.
2. Search Initiated.
3. Select the Xbox Insider Pack application.
4. To select Rejoin when you open the app.
Windows 10 users have similar steps to register:
1. press the Start on your Windows device, type “shop, then select Microsoft Store.
2. Search “initiated. ”
3. Select the Xbox Insider Hub.
4. To select Get or install of the page.
Nothing you do in the Xbox Insider program is permanent. If you decide that you don’t want to be notified when test features are available, you can opt out of the Xbox Insider program at any time. The Settings page of the Insider Hub app on your Xbox or Windows will allow you to remove your Xbox from the program through the Manage devices section. Simply remove your Xbox and the Insider program will shut down.
How can I improve my chances of getting an Xbox Series X?
It can be a bit chaotic, constantly refreshing the screen and hoping to see a payment link. And as many can attest, it is quite a pain to enter your payment information only to find that the purchase cannot be completed because all consoles are already gone. Here are some of our tips:
- Open multiple browsers: Do you have a laptop? A phone? Maybe a tablet? Use them all to try and make the purchase. Set up ahead of time with multiple browsers open at the retail site of your choice and be ready to buy on each one.
- Do not give up: Many of these retailers have started rolling out consoles within 30 minutes, to prevent bots from buying them all and reselling them at a higher price. If you see that everything is exhausted after the first 5 minutes, continue to cool off because your luck is probably not over yet.
- Make sure you have a confirmation E-mail: There have been numerous reports of a “stuck” purchase and although the website said the sale was over, no confirmation email has arrived and no Xbox has arrived. Keep an eye out and make sure you actually have an Xbox Series X before you celebrate.
How to Avoid Xbox Series X Scams
There are a lot of people out there keen to take advantage of anyone trying to get an Xbox Series X. Here’s how to avoid known scams:
- Stay away from Twitter links: If you see something on Twitter about an Xbox Series X restock happening somewhere, your best bet is to go straight to the retailer instead of clicking a link. In many cases, these Twitter links have turned out to be scams.
- Buy only at retail price: If someone offers you an Xbox Series X for more or less than $ 500 or an Xbox Series S for more or less than $ 300, you should probably stay away. There are a large number of these sites offering “deals” or “bundles” that are often not worth the effort.
Learn more about Xbox Series X
Xbox Series X: Check Inventory Replenishment
This is Target’s product page for the Xbox Series X.
If you want to get the latest information on Xbox Series X, there’s probably nothing better than Microsoft’s Xbox Series X home page. Here you’ll find the latest specs, announced game titles, details on the new controller, and more.
Best Buy was the last retailer to roll back in the pre-order days, but is now ready for your Xbox Series X purchase as inventory permits.
Amazon sells both the Xbox Series X and the cheaper S Series from this product page.
GameStop has in the past boasted a “very limited number of Xbox Series X and S console packs to buy” but are currently sold out.
This is where you can buy the Xbox Series X from Newegg when the retailer has stock.
To be clear, we strongly recommend that you wait until inventory shows up at regular retailers, so that you can purchase an Xbox Series X at the regular retail price. But if you’ve decided that you just can’t wait a moment longer, the average Xbox Series X price on eBay is around $ 700.
Are you desperate now? Are you prepared to pay a premium of several hundred dollars over the list price? Look, we wouldn’t do that and we don’t recommend that you do that either. But if you want to go that route, StockX is a reputable eBay-style site that will let you buy and sell new Xbox and PS5 models – as long as you’re willing to pay over $ 600.
This story is updated frequently with the latest inventory news for the Xbox Series X.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and more. For the latest offers and updates follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons Page for the latest promotional codes from Best buy, Walmart, Amazon and After. Questions on the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .